February 27, 2009

Celebrating Roy

On February 25, 2009 we lost one of our best friends. We miss him and will always cherish the special times we shared. We wanted to set up this website in honor of Roy's life. Even though his life was short, the effect he had on all of us will be ever lasting. If we could only see him one more time to give him one more hug, to share with him how much we love him, and to tell him he will never be forgotten. We are overcome with grief, but through our tears we are able to smile and even laugh as we recount stories and fond memories that we shared with him. Help us remember and carry on his memory for years and years to come. All are welcome to read as well as contribute to this blog. Share things that will always remind you of Roy and the way he touched your life. If anyone would like to add their own pictures or posts, please email me at RoyJWilson@gmail.com. Thank you all for your support, love, and prayers during this difficult time.


Love,
Bekah


8 comments:

  1. Roy,

    Thank you for the love you gave my sister and for being there for my family with everything we've been through these past few years. We miss you and will not forget you.

    Love always,
    Nate, Joy & Laila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roy,
    You were like another son to me and my heart is breaking! I love you for who you are, for how you loved my daughter and for how you loved us all!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you were just a little kid cousin...we lived so far apart, but I was fortunate to be able to get closer to you in the last few years. I will never forget your laugh, your funny as hell comments. Probably will not go a day without thinking about you..I still remember the second time we convinced you to come to Wisconsin, during one of the coldest winters I remember...you trying to smoke outside, shivering your butt off..

    I'm going to miss you more than I can admit, was like I had another brother. Take care of Roy, Mom, and Grandpa...he was as good as they come...

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to believe it has been a week! I remember hearing the comment after my father died (25th anniversary of his death tomorrow) that time heals all wounds - baloney! It makes no sense that the longer you are away from someone you love, the less you miss them! Time only gives you the opportunity to learn how to cope without them. We miss you forever Roy! Thanks for letting us love you and for loving us!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle Roy, I miss you more than words can ever say. I am soo grateful that I was able to spend a month with you a while back. It was soo over due. I dont know how to cope with the fact that I will never hear your drunken sarcastic self again. lol. You always had a smile on your face and it was contagiouse. I dont understand how someone who always had soo much life and light in their eyes can be gone. I love you Uncle Roy, and just so you know...I will be having a bottle of Saki with cheese on the side in your memory. You may be coming back never, but regardless I'll love you forever. Irish Pride baby, the Wilson legacy will live on...
    XOXOXO
    Your favorite Niece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St. Patrick's Day Roy!

    I am not Irish (German - sorry Roy - lol!) but I will always keep St. Patrick's Day special now, because of you!

    I miss you and would love to have a shot of Irish Whiskey with you right now and get a hug!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard to believe it has been almost 5 months since we last heard your voice! You are in my thoughts regularly and I miss you!

    I remember after each of my parents died, someone in an attempt to comfort said "give it some time, time will make it better". I have come to realize this is a lie! Explain how the longer you are away from someone you love that it is better? What time does is to allow you to learn how to live without someone you love. To begin a new normal.

    This is my prayer for each of us - that you are learning a new normal. One that remembers and still holds dear our lost loved ones. God is faithful to stay near and comfort as we live life forward!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard to believe we have started a New Year without you! I think of you so often and miss you! Bekah is doing good but I know she would love to hold you, talk to you, be with you! Lots has happened and I know you would be pleased - you are still loved very much and missed soooooooooooo much! Linda

    ReplyDelete