April 22, 2009

Our song

Roy might be upset that I'm sharing this...but oh well. He would never admit it but he really liked this song because it's a little girly and romantic and he was way too manly to like something like this. I love this song and played it for him in the car one time and he thought it was cute. I told him that when we got married that we would have our first dance to this song. Of course he said that he wasn't going to dance at his wedding, but at one point he said IF I dance at my wedding we could dance to this song. It's sweet and simple and completely defines what Roy and I shared. It's called "The way I am" by Ingrid Michaelson. I've added it to the playlist so you can listen to it and below are the lyrics. I hope you like it as much as we did.

~Love, Bekah

If you were falling, then I would catch you.
You need a light, I'd find a match.

Cuz I love the way you say good morning.
And you take me the way I am.

If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
Your head is aching, I'll make it better.

Cuz I love the way you call me baby.
And you take me the way I am.

I'd buy you Rogaine if you start losing all your hair.
Sew on patches to all you tear.

Cuz I love you more than I could ever promise.
And you take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.

1 comment:

  1. Bekah~ I had never heard this song, it is perfect. I love knowing that you could bring that side of Roy out and he could be more open to that sweet side of love. I always knew he had it...he just tried to keep us busy trying to get peeks and glimmers of it.(Apple...Tree) I did get to feel and see that softer side of Roy throughout our life. I am grateful you did too. I can close my eyes and see you two dancing to Your Song. It makes me smile...love to you sweet girl, Karen

    ReplyDelete