March 23, 2009
Zach's memory
I first met Roy back in '05 while working at Yae Sushi in Orlando. I remember, he wasn't to fond of me in the first few days, I could understand though. I know I'm not the easiest to get along with. Funny though, we found a similar dislike for another guy we worked with and that's how we became friends. From then on we came to be better and better friends as the days went on, I mean we worked 6 days a week together how could we not. I knew every single day was gonna be fine because my buddy Roy would be there to cheer me up if ever i was down. He was one of very few friends I had during my time in Orlando but it was fine, Roy is the greatest guy anybody could ask for as a friend. After I moved out of town he and I still kept in touch, though my calls were too few and random he was always happy to hear from me. I always told him I'd come up to see him and kick back a couple cold ones being that I wasn't 21 yet when I was living there. He would get all stoked even though he knew I was never going to make time to come up there. I remember getting a call from him one day, he had been one of the first to hear the songs that a former band I was in had put up on a website. He was practically in tears from the laughter. "Dude, THE SHOCKER!!!!" was all he could get out of all the hysterics. I knew he was going to love them. Roy's sense of humor was unmatched. I don't think I'll ever meet someone who could make me laugh like Roy did. When he stopped working at the Japanese joint I couldn't take how boring the place had become and had to get the hell out of there. We were a like a tornado of obscenities and laughter that kept that place alive and without it it was a nightmare. That's just the way Roy effected everyone on a daily basis. It feels good to know that even though he isnt' with us, he will always be there, just thinking about him and I burst out in to laughter as if he was in the room with me. To forget would be impossible. You can't forget a guy like Roy. He was a damn fine man and I'm glad to have what few memories of him I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete